Thinking about an abortion procedure in RI?
Take a look at our checklist when making your abortion appointment.
Are you going through an unplanned pregnancy and just want to get it taken care of? And quickly? The checklist points that you can find below will assist you and help you understand exactly what you’ll need to be informed of when scheduling any abortion procedure in RI, or when you’re considering any options that are available to you. So take a minute and check out the following information.
- Know for sure you’re pregnant. Be positive you are pregnant before digging deeper into what your options are. We can offer lab-quality pregnancy tests that are performed by a licensed medical professional. They can confirm your pregnancy.
- You’ll also want to be sure that your pregnancy is viable. Limited obstetric ultrasound exams done by our licensed medical professionals can detect some potential issues with your pregnancy. If you have a life-threatening condition, you’ll need to be seen by a specialist that we can refer you to. An ectopic pregnancy is an example of a life-threatening condition. If you have an ectopic pregnancy and go through with an abortion procedure, the procedure will not resolve the condition. On top of this information, abortion options depend on how far along you are. We can give you that information after completing an ultrasound exam.
- Note: As many as 50% of all pregnancies end in a spontaneous abortion. Once again, an ultrasound will confirm the viability of your pregnancy. If your pregnancy is not viable, you will not need to have an abortion procedure.
- STI/STD testing is important when you’re pregnant. Our licensed medical professionals can assist you in this testing. While trying to protect your future, you will need to be tested before any abortion procedure. Your future can be at-risk when you have an active STI/STD and have an abortion procedure performed.
- Gonorrhea and Chlamydia often go undiagnosed and are rising according to the CDC. We can test for both STI/STDs.
Still have questions? We’d love to help!