With National Making Life Beautiful Day and National Social Media Day both in June, we thought, “why not combine the two?” Social Media is a great outlet to use, so here are the top seven ways to effectively use social media to make life beautiful through your news feed.
In the midst of such world chaos, fake news reports, and unruly behavior from celebrities, it is refreshing and welcome to see social media being used for good. It all starts with one, so let’s fill our friends news feeds with encouraging and uplifting posts and articles.
Here are some ideas:
1. Make a point to encourage others who may be going through challenging times. Post something sweet on their wall.
2. Give shout outs to organizations that are doing good things.
3. Avoid using it as a sounding board for every little thing that offends you or that you don’t agree with.
4. Choosing to unfollow negative or unhealthy pages that clutter your news feed and make a negative impact on you. Junk in = junk out. What you read and hear is what you will project onto others.
5. Share events for causes that are close to your heart and that make a difference in the community.
6. Think about the variety of the audience before you comment or post. If it will offend any of them, skip writing it.
7. Rather than using it as a time-stealer and way to increase personal envy by comparing others “highlight” reels to your own real life—just avoid it. Go see someone in person or call someone on the phone every time you feel the urge to log in. It’s healthy for us to spend quality time with the people we care about and get that important social interaction we all need.
Life is what we make of it. When we choose joy, we can live a healthier and more fulfilling life. It’s a ripple effect, so those around us can feel the good vibes too. <3